The Implementation Science and Knowledge Translation Platform of Maridulu Budyari Gumal, the Sydney Partnership for Health, Education, Research and Enterprise (SPHERE) is divided into two components, namely, i) Implementation Science; and ii) Knowledge Translation.
As healthcare systems continue to work under increasingly dynamic and resource-constrained conditions, evidence-based strategies are essential in order to ensure that research investments maximise healthcare value and improve public health. Implementation science plays a critical role in understanding how to support the uptake of evidence into routine clinical practice.
The purpose of the Implementation Science component of our platform is to support the use of proven strategies to translate evidence into clinical practice; to provide education in implementation science research methods; and to lead multidisciplinary implementation research collaborations through the Maridulu Budyari Gumal Nursing & Midwifery Implementation Science Academy (‘The Academy’).
The Implementation Science component of our platform has three priority areas with the aims of each outlined below:
- Research and Policy
- Establishment and support to the Maridulu Budyari Gumal Nursing & Midwifery Implementation Science Academy. The aim of the Academy is to lead collaborative multidisciplinary, multi-site implementation science research and to support the Clinical Academic Groups (CAGs) in their implementation research initiatives
- Strengthening implementation science research expertise across Maridulu Budyari Gumal.
- Enhance research training and mentorship opportunities for early career nursing and midwifery implementation scientists
Research and Policy
- Leadership of the Maridulu Budyari Gumal Clinical Registry Study
- Establishment of the 2020 Implementation Science Translational Seed Grant Scheme
- Support CAGs with high quality implementation science advice and collaboration in evidence-translation research
- Support capacity development and educational activities in implementation science research
- Provide platform to support clinicians in gaining implementation science research capabilities and skills
- Host annual Implementation Science workshop
- The Knowledge Translation component of our platform has developed a list of useful knowledge translation and implementation science educational resources
Implementation Science Team
The Implementation science team is led by Professor Sandy Middleton, St Vincent's Hospital Director Maridulu Budyari Gumal Implementation Science, and Dr Caleb Ferguson, Western Sydney University, Deputy Director Maridulu Budyari Gumal Implementation Science.
For a full list of the Maridulu Budyari Gumal Nursing & Midwifery Implementation Science Academy members click here